This project is funded by, and was developed in response to, the ITAC Partnership Project funding strand 2020 - 2022. It is coordinated by Teaching Artist Jeffrey Tan (Singapore).
After reviewing proposals from our post-ITAC5 open call, we are delighted to announce we have selected Jeffrey Tan's Teaching Artists Asia project to receive funding.
With partners, Jeffrey will explore inclusive practice efforts and collaborate with the disabilities community across Asia.
Teaching Artists Asia seeks to document, advocate, and connect teaching artists working in this sector, primarily in Singapore, Australia, Korea, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Indonesia.
The project intends to:
- host a series of online sessions exploring how teaching artists in Asia uniquely approach this work;
- begin an online directory for those interested in this growing field of arts in inclusive environments;
- and collectively draft a Disability Arts Charter for those working in Asia.
The findings will be shared at the ITAC6 conference in 2022.
To realize this project, Jeffrey is inviting a diverse and expansive range of viewpoints.
He is seeking teaching artists (primarily from Singapore, Australia, Korea, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Indonesia) to contribute in the following capacities:
- working group members (voluntary);
- advisory team members (voluntary);
- speakers (paid).